Perils of a Teenage 50 Something

Living life on life's terms when the entire world seems to be insane and I'm a teenager stuck in a 50 something body.

Monday, July 29, 2013

Nose and Ear Hair Perils

I've never been a hairy man. Somewhere along the byways of life, I pissed off the hair gods. The tease was my head full of hair. It was wavy, thick, and everyone loved it. I hated it. The rest of my body resembles an unfinished piece of art. Let's try a little hair here and there and see how it looks but let's not finish the job.

I started shaving certain parts of my body not because I dislike hair, but because it was a half ass attempt to bridge me pass puberty by the man or woman upstairs. Yes, sometimes God does screw up.

To make matters worse, my hair started thinning out. When I was diagnosed my second bout of cancer, the chemo caused my hair to fall out. I decided to shave the hair off my head. It stays that way today. No, I don't have a desire to be a 11 year old boy or Mr. Clean.

Having said that, It blows away my last brain cell when I think of the chores this 50 year old man must go through when he has the body hair of a teen. If hair refuses to grow anywhere on my body because of radiation, why on earth does it grow like a weed in my ears and in my nose? What is that about?

Haven't I faced enough adult humiliation with the patches of (now) gray body hair unevenly placed on my chest ? Could we transplant these quick growing follicles to other areas of the body? And why did other areas of my body fail to produce hair when I had chemo and radiation, yet the feisty little ear and nose hairs refuse to die?

Thank God for the modern day weed whacker that allows the easy removal of such unsightly existence called the ear and nose hair... every 50 year old's nightmare.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home