Perils of a Teenage 50 Something

Living life on life's terms when the entire world seems to be insane and I'm a teenager stuck in a 50 something body.

Friday, July 26, 2013

Boob of the Month...Thank God!!



Good morning!

Some things in life are worthy of being C.B.S. ( cunty, bitchie, shallow) over and a big fat drama at that. To this, I give you Dennis. He get's my C.B.S Boob of the Month!

The above text pretty much sums up the way this date went.

Let me just say I wasn't nearly as offended with the content of the text as I was with the timing. My date was at 7:30 and I had a 25 minute ride so I was literally out the door. Who am I fooling? The content burned my ass, but the timing fired my brain as I envisioned it exploding like a cartoon character from "Family Guy".

I mean, who the hell did this guy think he was, John Wayne in any number of cowboy movies from the 1940's? For some reason, I highly doubt John Wayne, the ultimate manly man, ever engaged in homosexual activities, kissed, nor held hands with another man. Was I about to meet John Wayne's gay equal that I had to somehow pass the straight acting test? The fella better be as manly as he was expecting. He wasn't.

Now I realize we all have a line of determining what is too feminine and what is too masculine before deeming a person just friends, but I would like to think "the content of one's character" should be extended to not only race issues, but gay dating etiquettes as well. I mean, come on, I believe in chemistry and sometimes chemistry trumps all other things, including how manly or girly a guy may be. But if one has already placed any condition as top priority, the sum of who a person one is meeting gets lost.

In my moments of stalking a few straight dating sites, I have never ever seen the term straight acting. Imagine if a woman posted gay acting? Really. What would that look like? A great listener, fashion sensibilities, sensitive heart, overall good taste? Oh yeah, they are called..."meterosexuals".

As I drove to visit my Scruff encounter, I could only think of how much I wanted to turn my car around and go home. I decided to go on the date and keep an open mind. At some point, I knew the text would come up in conversation.

I barely sat down with Dennis before he brought up the entire text situation. I explained that I was a bit taken back and that I almost didn't come on the date. He looked surprised and generally concerned. He explained that many put things like being masculine down on their profile and then they aren't what they appear. I explained that nowhere in my profile was anything written as I don't believe in placing expectations.

Dennis apologized for the situation. I tried to let it go, but first impressions mean a lot and I couldn't get pass this one. If anything, it opened my eyes to all that transpired on this date. I believe in respect. It is disrespectful to order your meal before your date has arrived. I believe in getting to know one another. Dennis went on and on about wanting to be in a relationship and wanted to know my desire level for such. I would say the first date is too soon for that conversation. I also got the impression Dennis wanted to complain about all gay men, clumping us in one big gay category. I was not impressed.

Importantly, the above text showed me the most telling issue about Dennis. If you can't handle the amount (or lack ) of masculinity of a person, there's a good chance you may not be able to handle much larger issues. Let's say, issues like...being a long time HIV survivor, HPV+, in recovery, and having battled cancer not once, but twice in three years. AND, having physical effects that may not fall in line with a typical person's expectations.

Oh well, Dennis is my boob of the month...thank God!!

I guess one man's foolishness is another man's blessing.

Oh, the single life...
Chris

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home